10 SECRETS TO SUCCESSFUL COMPLEMENTARY DAY PART BRANDING
- Pick the right partner! Choose a brand that is a true expert in their category.
- Pick the right product: something your customers want that they currently don’t have.
- Choose a product that will increase your current average ticket with little or no cannibalization.
- Pick a product that will increase customer frequency.
- Select a product that will add value to your space.
- Pick a brand whose level of quality fits with your brand, creating a positive halo effect.
- Make sure the guest brand will fit physically and simply in the current operating work circle.
- Pick the guest brand that are true experts in their category – and have great support
- Pick a product that will “wow” my current customers, that can also combine with my current products to create a new menu option
- Pick a brand that will flow through the maximum short and long term financial benefits: ROI under one year; and net profits of 50% or more in your pocket.
5 TIPS, TRICKS & HACKS FOR COMPLEMENTARY DAY PART BRANDING
- Get creative on combining products: who says donuts and French fries can’t have soft serve on them? Try new things to create a memory. You have nothing to lose. Remember, food is no longer just food – it is entertainment!
- Use existing paper products for cups, spoons, bowls, napkins, etc.
- Provide samples to let everyone try your new product, then ask them to spread the word.
- Less is more for toppings and sauces. What do you currently have on hand that could also be used with ice cream?
- Use the product for employee, customer or guest incentives: free birthday ice cream, extra effort, team building incentive or give a free cone at check in or with a meal.